Many of my readers and especially the students that have interacted with my bookstore over the years have asked me how to make extra money and which side hustles I could recommend.
These questions have been coming since 2009 when I first started the bookstore and today the landscape has changed considerably, with tech and automation allowing us to supercharge our side hustles and reach a much larger audience for our goods and services.
Another benefit, especially for third world countries like South Africa, is the ability to transact with people in currencies stronger than our own. This is something that I’ve been doing for the past 5 years in different ventures and have made a primary focus to increase over the next 5 years.
I’ve had many businesses over the years and I still have quite a few. Most of them were started as smaller side hustles and then expanded upon. This is why I believe side hustles can be an important ingredient in building long term wealth.
why side hustles?
The main reasons that I’m such a fan of side hustles are listed below:
- They can be tested easily, with limited capital. Most just require time.
- Once the concept is proven, you can start scaling – once again with limited capital.
- Most notably, they can be done in conjunction with other things – like studying full or part time, whilst working elsewhere and in between phases of your life.
- The ability to juggle a few side hustles at a time.
- The ability to automate a lot of the workflow for most side hustles, so you can work less and earn more.
- Many of them allow the creation of permanent assets, which will earn for many years to come.
- The ability to sell to and reach people across the globe in stronger currencies than our own.
My side hustle offer for you
So without further ado, I’d like to present to you, dear reader, my free e-book which contains 12 side hustles for you to choose from. There are also some special offers at the end which can supercharge your side hustle journey and also a few pages of links to get you started with software / services / products that I’ve used before and can recommend.
Sign up with the form below and I’ll email you a copy of the book to download instantly.
my side hustle course as an extended tool for the e-book
After creating the e-book, I realised that there was a lot more value that I could add for some of the side hustles to get you started, point you in the right direction and provide a crash course to cut through all the unnecessary and technical information so you can start earning as quickly as possible.
As per page 21 of the e-book, the course covers the following 5 side hustles more in depth:
- How to start a blog and optimise it for SEO
- Become a kickass virtual assistant
- Become an Airbnb (Super) Co-host
- Sell digital products
- Source property deals for others – crash course in property analysis to get started
These 5 topics are covered for the basics and are by no means exhaustive courses on their own for each of these side hustles, but they will be a great starting point and an opportunity to broaden your knowledge on all 5, which will be a powerful arsenal to get you started.
The course is available for pre-order below and the official course will launch on 31 March 2023 (or sooner!) and you can pick it up now at the low price of R249 per course. On 1 April, I will push the course to R999 each.